Welcome to my homepage!
Hello, I'm GeckoF and this is my personal homepage on the interwebs. At the moment there's not any main specific topic on this website but here you will find various things about retro-technology (old stuff basically), videogames, photography, random projects, and maybe something else...
Since always I have wanted to create and maintain an tiny personal homepage like in the old days of the WWW, so I hope this will be a good attempt and not like others I have done in the past...
And yeah, almost everything here is currently under construction, but feel free to explore this space using the sidebar buttons on the left.
NOTE: This website is best viewed on a latest Firefox/Chromium-based browser with Times New Roman and Consolas/Liberation Mono fonts (if you're on Linux install MS Core TTF and use this script) and on a desktop/laptop monitor. Sorry for any rendering problems that may occur on other devices or browsers.
ASCII Art of the Month
/\ /\ / '' \ / .o\ ..\ /.' |\ | '. __ ' |_\| \ \___ .__ |_|<o> .--""___\..--"/ |_| | .__.|-"""..... ' / _____|_|_|\__ ________\_______________/______________________..-'::::::::::::::::-..___ hpg '''""""""""""""""''' jgs ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Boats by Joan G. Stark/jgs and hpeg.
- [2023-10-06] Added new buttons and removed the Blog link on the sidebar. I should have done this a long time ago but it doesn't matter now.
- [2023-10-01] Unfortunately due to lack of time and disinterest, I have decided to stop doing any more ASCII Arts of the Month on the homepage, sorry. Besides, my blog won't be coming back. The main reason for this is that I don't really like blogging anymore and because I feel out of ideas for new posts. Currently I do small articles about things of my interest (almost similar to what my blog was) on my Igloo Cafe homepage, where I update very frequently but almost everything there is under construction. Feel free to visit it if you want to see some new stuff of me.
- [2023-09-27] Not a website news, but I want to take this opportunity to say that today the GNU Project turns 40. Thanks to them for making Linux and FOSS something better for our computers and also servers.
- [2023-09-09] I seem to have left this behind. I'm thinking about whether to redesign my blog in an old Blogger style, but that remains to be seen. I also thinking on deleting the vast majority of posts from there as I don't like them.
- [2023-08-29] Sorry for leaving this website private for several weeks, I was frustrated and decided better to shut this down temporarily until the drama died down. I haven't done anything new lately.
- [2023-06-29] I have decided to change the sidebar URLs to the corresponding HTML files as I feel that the redirects from those directories are annoying me. The old URLs will still be kept to avoid broken links somewhere where they have posted some part of this website.
- [2023-06-23] Hi, sorry for leaving this abandoned once again. I've been very busy and with some personal problems that didn't let me progress with this. The first new thing is that now all the pages have been changed in structure because ~nikdoof recently enabled SSI (Server-Side Includes) in Dimension so I no longer need to be copying parts like the header and footer in each HTML, which is good but this unfortunately made me have to make changes in the URLs and I had to move almost all pages to the root directory because of how limited Nginx is with SSI. And I already changed also the ASCII Art, too late I know. That's all, I don't have much to say.
- [2023-05-19] Hi. Sorry for the inactivity here... I did some tiny changes on this website and I also replaced the increment badge to a simple PHP hit counter that I have installed on my own server (Igloo Cafe) because it bothers me that the server where that thing's being hosted goes down every 10 seconds. And yeah I know I'm too late for add a new ASCII Art for this month, I don't feel like painting that much so I decided to put a simple ASCII Art of a coffee cup instead lol. That's everything, bye.
- [2023-02-15] Hello! After almost another 2 months without posting something here, I come with some new news. I added a new button on the sidebar that leads to RED ROBOT RESURRECTION (a new website that I did about Red Robot stuff), I did some CSS fixes since in some resolutions this site looked deformed, I added a bunch of new links, an increment button in the sidebar (it's only decorative and not for SEO positioning or ranking) and little more. Oh and BTW, I'm creating again a "lite" version of this website for old browsers, but that will be for another news. Thanks for all the fish and goodbye!
- [2022-12-04] 2 months without having posting news here... Well, the little I have done here was to replace my old guestbook by a very small and simple one (hosted on another external webserver), I added new images on the gallery, links and a new section in the homepage called "ASCII Art of the Month". BTW the blog is back to the public but I haven't done anything new there since August. That's all I have to say, happy early christmas!
- [2022-09-24] The guestbook is back again for the fourth time and my blog will be in private temporarily. Just that, goodbye.
- [2022-09-15] After so many months of rebuilding and compressing images, I was finally able to finish my photo gallery as it was previously on my old server. For now it's not quite complete, I need to upload more pictures on there but I feel a bit tired right now...
- [2022-08-31] The guestbook will be disabled again because my last server unexpectedly closed yesterday. Anyway nothing was lost as I have made some backups days ago. Among other things, I think I should have done something new here quite some time ago, but the lack of motivation prevents me from doing so...
- [2022-08-07] The guestbook is now back and working!
- [2022-07-14] Due to a recent server migration of Igloo Cafe, all my content that I did here on all this month is now lost... All the pages on this website are being recreated again from scratch using a backup from June, so you're likely to see a lot of 404s everywhere.
- [2022-06-19] Site redesign has been created (and launched). This will also end up closing my Tinyblog, as I was slowly feeling stupid with the things I was writing there.